It’s our 20th Anniversary! It’s time to once again put our Municipality on show.
Our Municipality has come a far way and we have so much further to go. But what does our Municipality mean to us? This place within which we live, work, raise children, relax and rejuvenate is a direct result of hard-fought battles, tenacity at its peak, and partnerships that were and continue to be cemented in shared love, appreciation, and vision for our fittingly dubbed ‘Sunshine City’.
Against this background, the PCM has launched our Short Film Competition, themed ‘What does the Portmore Municipality Mean to Me”.
This competition is open to our schools in Portmore and citizens of Portmore under the age of twenty-one and is an opportunity for them to share their vision for Portmore while giving us critical feedback on the journey so far. We must look back in order to move forward and so we invite you to share this information with your institutions, community, and service groups and encourage participation in this venture.
So who’s ready to take it to the screen? Let’s get to work. Entries may be submitted at http://portmorefilmcomp.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PORTMORE FLIM COMPETITION (“What Portmore Means to Me”)
A film competition with the theme "What Portmore Means to Me" will be held by the Portmore City Municipality for Portmore's youths. Through this competition, you can show the world what Portmore means to you and what you have so far discovered there. Bring forth your originality, creativity and showcase your talent in a visual representation in the form of a short film.
Criteria for the competition:
1. The completed contest application form and photo MUST be submitted via the Entries photo competition portal.
2. Entrants must be a resident of Portmore or enrolled in a school in Portmore.
3. Entries submitted will be vetted and upon meeting the guidelines and criteria for the contest they will be posted on the Portmore City Municipality’s Instagram Page for voting. Minimum number of votes required is five hundred (100). The entrant with the greatest number of votes wins.
4. Votes will take the form of likes and following to the pages.
5. Entrants are required like, follow, and subscribe to all of our social media pages and have the persons liking their short film follow the council’s page to qualify.
6. Voting on social media platforms will constitute sixty percent (60%) of the votes and the other forty percentage (40%) will come from the Portmore Short Film judging panel.
7. The Portmore Film competition will have two categories under which short films may be submitted: Individuals (0-18) & Schools.
8. ONLY one (1) short film is allowed per entrant for submission.
9. Entries will not be accepted unless submitted via the official contest channel.
10. Entries not submitted through the proper channel will be deleted.
11. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate or does not conform to stated contest rules.
12. By entering this competition, entrants agree that the short film submitted can be used by the Portmore City Municipality in any manner and media, including without limitation, the right to publish, adapt, distribute, copy, display, or translate in printed or electronic media even if they are not the winning entries.
13. The prize must be collected by the winner and is non-transferable.
14. Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline (September 20, 2023) lapses.
15. The winner will be selected by November 24, 2023, and contacted via the email address provided during entry. If no response is received after three business days, a new winner will be selected and the previous winner will forfeit all rights to the prize.
16. All short films must be original works, taken by the entrants. No third party may own or control any materials the short film contains, and the short film must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
17. The short film must be submitted as a high-resolution MP4 or as high as your camera will allow. If you do not have a camera of a high-quality please still submit your short film. The short film must not contain violence, profanity, sex, or direct attacks on individuals or organizations. Any entries deemed offensive will be immediately disqualified.
18. Staff members of the Portmore City Municipality are not eligible to enter this contest.
19. The Portmore City Municipality shall be entitled to assume that the parents or guardians of any entrant who is less than 18 years old have consented to that person’s entry into the Competition. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity if underage.
18. Should be able to demonstrate to the Portmore City Municipality’s satisfaction that their parent or guardian has given their consent to such entry.
20. By entering the competition, you warrant to the Portmore City Municipality that all information submitted by you regarding yourself and your competition entry is true and accurate, and complete in every respect.
21. Entries that violate these terms will not qualify and be removed from the contests.
22. Voting ends on November 20, 2023.
23. Disclaimer - By submitting a short film to this competition you:
1. Declare that you own the copyright of the short film and that it is your original work (or submitted with permission).
2. Declare that you have permission to use the visual image of any identifiable individual or building in the short film for entry into the competition and that the image may be published as stipulated in the short film contest rules.
3. Agree that Portmore City Municipality will not be responsible for the infringement of any third-party rights in the short film, moral or otherwise, that may arise as a result of your actions or omissions and that you indemnify Portmore City Municipality against all legal fees, claims, damages and other expenses that may be incurred as a result of your breach of the contest rules.
4. Grant reproduction rights for Portmore City Municipality use and in doing so agree that Portmore City Municipality can use your short film for the purposes of the competition and also for future reproduction on websites and literature and other materials at Portmore City Municipality discretion (short films will be credited where appropriate).